cluster project

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Tue Oct 22 11:56:14 CDT 2002

> I am willing and able to build a small KCLUG cluster
> website, allowing the discussion to be focused. We
> had three proposals for location, and some hub hardware
> has been donated, as well as it sounds like up to
> twenty P100-era PCs and network cards. It sounds
> like it will happen.

Does this mean I'm going to finally be rid of my HP Vectra P-75's?  Way
cool!

How's it looking for hub/switch gear?  I've got some hub & switch stuff
that could be donated, if required:

1U RackMount:
3Com 12 port MBit hub (SuperStack II: Hub 100)
Netgear 5 port 100 Mbit hub (FE508)
Asound 16 port 10/100 Switch (AL1600S)

I also have 2 100 MBit and 1 10/100 Mbit Linksys "hublets", if we're
going for the cheezy plastic look :-)

> Would a small site running an online discussion
> forum (no ads, very simple layout) be useful, or should
> we keep the project entirely within the KCLUG mailing
> list and meetings? Both formats have their merits.

No preference here...just tell me where to bring the stuff!

Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net