Has Linux gone binary?

Dave Hull dphull at insipid.com
Mon Oct 21 08:21:55 CDT 2002

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Andrew Bates wrote:

> I assume you all notice a trend that has begun...

Package management has been around for quite a number of years now. I
don't think this trend began recently.

For years, I downloaded source and compiled and installed things by hand.
I still do on occassion when packages aren't available, but for the most
part I try and avoid this whenever possible as it's much easier to use a
package manager to upgrade and remove applications.

IMO.

--
Dave Hull
http://insipid.com

The difference between a career and a job is about 20 hours a week.