RH 8.0 Network not working

jo mojo johan_yo at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 16 17:51:34 CDT 2002

I installed RH 8.0 on my machine yesterday night, after yesterday meeting.
Few problems:
1. Cannot connect to internet. I checked the light on the NIC card, and it's
on (both green and orange). Btw, I have a smc router (DHCP) between my 3Com
Road Runner Modem and PCs. All Win PC can connect to network. How should I
configure it?

2. RH 8.0 GUI seems to run quite slow. I think PII 450 w/ 128 Meg of RAM
should be fast enough, right? Is there any setting I need to adjust?

Btw, I'm a newbie to LINUX. Can somebody help me please?

cheers,
  Johannes