CD Labels - prequel

DAVID KUCHARSKI dave at iemco.com
Wed Oct 16 11:18:15 CDT 2002

I was able to get a few canons running under linux.
It is almost that it happened by accident.  If I
remember correctly I got my BJC8200-USB running
easiest through KPrint( KDE print manager), but the
list of useable Canon printers is spotty at best, at
least last time I needed to set one up.  I think I
finally FOUND (after exhausting searches) the info
that got me going through

http://www.linuxprinting.org

they list the s500 at
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-S500
as having partial printing capabilities!  CANON has a
terrible history of supporting open source anything!