meetings and broken monitors

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Wed Oct 16 06:02:22 CDT 2002

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Seth Dimbert wrote:

> Wow... I have 2 broken monitors here at home. I haven't tossed them
> because I'm too lazy to carry them down to the curb. :)
>
> You can fix them? I thought that was dangerous.

Its easier to fix two monitors.  If one needs some parts...

Not too dangerous.  There may be only a few thousand volts on the circuit
board side of the flyback transformer.  And nearly thirty thousand volts
going to the tube's anode cap.  And the tube makes a great capacitor that
can store this voltage days after the power is removed.  Makes for great
science experiments or a powerful vaporizing bug zapper if nothing else.

Let me know when you get free time and we can look at it.