SendMail question..

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Mon Oct 14 13:12:40 CDT 2002

Good answer.

Do a search for sendmail.mc (find / -name sendmail.mc) - it's probably in
/etc, but check to see if RedHat left extras lying around.  Give it a good
read-through, and you might come up with the right method - it's pretty well
commented.

Make a backup copy of the file before making any changes, then (as root) do:

m4 <inputfile>.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf; /etc/init.d/sendmail reload

Run some test messages to be sure it's working.

I can't come up with the actual recipe right now and my reference book's at
home, so if it doesn't shine out at you from the .mc file, try searching for
sendmail at www.tldp.org and sucking up some of the HOWTOs.

If you don't get anywhere, bug me and I'll look it up in the sendmail
handbook for you.