VOCP

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Mon Oct 14 10:57:25 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene Dascher" <gedascher at multiservice.com>

<http://vocp.sourceforge.net/>
> ?  Our answering machine is starting to go out, and instead of buying a
new
> one, I figured I'd just turn my Linux box into an one.

The packages I've seen are pretty useless as answering machines.  They all
try to emulate a big Lucent phone switch with voice mail, and fall down on
the basics of answering the phone.  Feature glut at it's worst.  Last I knew
mgetty/vgetty still only supported one or two modems for Caller ID.