CD Labels - prequel

Rusty kujayhawkbb at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 14 09:42:31 CDT 2002

I'd love to be able to do this stuff from Linux. Unfortunately my
feeble brain can't figure out how to get my Canon S520 to talk to my
linux box. I even installed RH 8, hoping it might be as easy as someone
posted Mandrake 9 was. NOT.

The only drivers listed under that printer in the printerconf utility
were gimp drivers. I tried both, but no test page was forthcoming. I
downloaded and installed turboprint as well, and haven't been able to
get it to work either. Granted, I had very little time yesterday to
muck with it, but still...it ought to be easier!

Does anyone have experience with this (or similar) Canon printer(s)?
I'd appreciate the assistance.

TIA
rusty