Wireless with a PCI card (not pcmcia)

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Sun Oct 13 07:07:36 CDT 2002

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Jason Greene wrote:

> 6. make install - errors out with the error stated in the first email
>

> I really don't see what I can be doing wrong...  I followed the first 6 steps
> and ....
>
> So exactly what do the instructions say about step 6 erroring out? I didn't
> see that part.

That error isn't really wlan specific, but its trying to install its
modules.  You may have followed instructions perfectly, but depmod isn't
in a good mood.  It looks like depmod is going through its current list of
installed modules and attempting to match them up with the running kernel.

Has the kernel been recompiled lately?  If so, is the System.map file from
the kernel tree copied into your /boot directory to match the running
kernel?  I believe depmod uses this to match the modules with kernel
hooks.