How is ITEC going?

Steven Elling ellings at kcnet.com
Sat Oct 12 10:37:21 CDT 2002

Here is one thing that will be key to the success of KCLUG and keep people
interested in Linux and coming to the meeting.  I think we need to look less
like a bunch of guys setting around and talking.  I recently started going to
the KCLUG meetings and haven't got much out of it except for human
interaction --- which isn't a bad thing.  Maybe its just because I've been to
a couple of meetings instead of a lot.  However, first impressions play a big
part in the success of something even if it is free.

Can anyone suggest something that can be done at the meetings to make them
more interesting and promote Linux better?  Maybe have local Linux users or
professionals demo software and applications?  Have a general question and
answer session toward the end of the meeting?

One of the things behind Linux is that it provides an alternative to software
and applications.  Why not show others those alternatives?

 Steven Elling - ellings at kcnet.com
The distribution of this e-mail
address is strictly forbidden.

All Unsolicited Commercial E-mail