Win4Lin

dave dave at infokwik.com
Thu Oct 10 21:58:41 CDT 2002

Hello all,

First, I have been subscibed to the email list for about 6 months now and
still have not been able to make a meeting but I did get to go to ITEC and
visit the KCLUG booth and I am going to be at the next meeting no matter
what I have to do.

My question is anyone else using Win4Lin and if so is it the new 4.0 version.
I ask because I have one program that I cannot live without and I have used it
with version 3 and it just runs entirely to slow. The new 4 version is
suppose to let you allocate more than 64 meg of memory to Win4Lin and I was
wondering if it made alot of difference in the way Win4Lin performs with
memory intensive programs.

If I could port out a version of the program I use to Linux I would never use
any other OS. EVER!!!!!. I love Linux and will do everything I can to use it
instead of those other OS's.

Little note of encouragement to Linux users my 6 year old daughter and 7 year
old son will not use my Macs or my Win machine at all. They are dedicated
Linux users already.

Thanks for any help with the Win4Lin question, if anybody uses it.

Dave Board