ITEC Setup

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Tue Oct 8 13:26:04 CDT 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, A Duston wrote:
> Well,  hrmmm.  I'm just at home for a minute to check up on things.  We
> _really_ need to be all set up by 6:00 this evening.  There wouldn't be
> much point in bringing it this afternoon and then taking it home again.
> Hrmmm, hrmmm, hrmmm.  I've got two machines there already which I need
> to finish setting up.  I'm going to call another person who offered some
> things for us to borrow.  I should be back at Bartle by 2:00.

I just spoke with Hal, who is headed back to Bartle shortly.  I have a
doctors appointment at 3:00, and anticipate being tied up with that
until 4:00, after which I'm taking a couple of Intel boxes down there
for him.  If I'm lucky, I'll have the gear there by 5:00, but this is
putting Hal in a pinch since one has no OS on it yet.  If anyone has
stuff to offer, get in touch with Hal ASAP - the sooner the better.  If
you don't have a number for him, you can ring me at 913.579.7117.  (He
has his wife's cell with him - not gonna broadcast that number here.)

In short, anything you want to offer for use in the KCLUG booth needs to
get there in a hurry.
Dustin

--
I think that the message is very clear here: somewhere outside of and beyond our universe is
an operating system, coded up over incalculable spans of time by some kind of hacker-demiurge.

universe -G 6.672e-11 -e 1.602e-19 -h 6.626e-34 -protonmass 1.673e-27....

and when he's finished typing out the command line, his right pinky hesitates above the ENTER
key for an aeon or two, wondering what's going to happen; then down it comes--and the WHACK
you hear is another Big Bang.

Neal Stephenson - "In the beginning was the command line"