Whoo HOOOOOO!

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Mon Mar 25 18:48:14 CST 2002

---- Original Message -----
From: "Lucas Peet" <lpeet at eccod.com>

> I downloaded the demo, installed it and it worked great...for about one
clip.  After that, it completely dies, kills Opera (6.01 -
exits with @broken pipe, and WON'T come backup), Netscape 4.7x, or 6.2
doesn't recognize the plugins, nor Konqueror, etc... (note that they all
recognize the plugins at the start, but after it dies...poof.)  After that,
I can get it to come back up (sometimes) by un-installing, then
re-installing...for each clip or two.

This sounds like problems that are typical in broken demoware.  The actual
software may be fine, but the hastily written code to make the software
break after the demo limit (which I think I recall from the LJ article is
two clips) hoses your system.