[OT] SendMail in NT

Seth Dimbert s.dimbert at fhmr.com
Thu Mar 14 17:49:10 CST 2002

I know that this has nothing to do with Linux, but I'm willing to bet that
someone here can help me out anyway.

My website is hosted on an NT Server and I've installed a Message Board that
sends email to members. When I called tech support for my webhost and asked
them for a path to SendMail, they told me that their instructions say I
must, "code a socket." But neither they nor I have any idea what that means.

Does anyone here know?

The Message Board is set up to send mail using SendMail, SMTP or Net:SMTP.
It wants to know which of those I want to use, the path to SendMail and the
address of my SMTP Server. I have the SMTP address... the rest is a mystery.

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

-SD