KCLUG --> KCMUG?

david david at gotoacs.com
Fri Mar 1 15:49:11 CST 2002

> > I don' t like the idea that in order for Linux to "succeed", it has
to  > > be "dumbed down".  Let Microsoft have the knuckle-dragger
market.

> That's just it - the knuckle-draggers outnumber us by well over 15 to
> one in the market place.  M$ knows better than to try to impress geeks
> too much, since they can see through the hype when a particular
> technology may be flawed.  In conceeding the neanderthals to Microsoft
> you give away your cookies, if indeed you care about the market.

15 to 1 if we're lucky, I always thought it was well over 1000 to 1.  I
know many techs that are MCP or MCSE that think M$ products are the
only-best thing out there.  There seems to be a rash of knuckle-dragger
techs out there that are overly domesticated by the M$ point-and-click
environment and are enthralled by anything and everything Microsoft (no
matter how many bugs it has).  I guess that's what separates the
technically educated from the technically minded.

DH