Redhat workstations searching the internet

dattaway at attaway.net dattaway at attaway.net
Tue Jun 25 15:30:46 CDT 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 mgoins at kcp.com wrote:

> I figured it out,  it's an xscreensaver called WebCollage. Have a look.

Webcollage is pretty cool.  It can even paint the desktop searched from
the words in a dictionary file.  My favorite way of invoking webollage is
having my wallpaper plastered with images of Kansas City:

echo "Kansas City" > dictionary; /usr/lib/xscreensaver/webcollage -root
-dictionary dictionary

The -root option is not superuser, but refers to the root window, or
background.

The -dictionary option means it will grab search terms from the indicated
file, rather than the entropy from the last searches.

JWZ has an xscreensaver demo on his website, where you can click on
interesting pictures on the collage to visit the page where it came from:

http://www.jwz.org/webcollage