gps

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Tue Jun 25 03:12:17 CDT 2002

There is a good ham radio supply house next to the post office at 80th
and Conser in Overland Park.  The ham radio boys play with everything
from ULF to light.  While you are there, pick up a copy of the ARRL
handbook.  It is the most important and useful book I have ever owned.

It will have plans and diagrams to make something that will work in your
application, plus the proper formulas so you get the right antenna size
for the exact wavelength you need, and guidance on the proper coax or
wave guide to use for that frequency range.

I used plans out of the manual one time to make a really neat
omni-directional 1/4 wave ground plane antenna out of a panel mount
female coax connector by soldering the correct length lead into the
center connector, and off of the four holes used for mounting the
connector to the cabinet.  Connect the coax from your radio, fasten to a
non-conducting pole and TA-DAAAA . . . .