Gnome Toaster . . . not bad either

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Sun Jun 23 02:09:20 CDT 2002

WOW!  I can't believe my PII-400Mhz will actually write about about
1700K/sec (approx. 8x ??) to a CDR.  I burned a Mandrake CD in about 8
minutes or so.  This time I used Gnome Toaster because the CD-Toast
won't load.  I don't know what's up with that . . .there are some other
programs thatI point/click and nothing happens.  I'm wondering if they
were updated and stuck on another CD which I didn't have at the time of
install.  I fired up my Huppuage WinTV tuner and it looks like it works
. . . I gotta put a signal to it to know for sure.

Hmm.  Maybe I can get to lovin' this Linux thing even more now.  3 good
CD burns (all Mandrake 8.2 CD's) and no coasters.  Email that looks
fantastic (Ximian Evolution).  Now if I can get the Conduit for the Palm
to work, I think I could be sold on this solution.   I'll still need to
do a dual boot because of Pagemaker/Photoshop/etc... that I have to deal
with.   It could be looking more interesting around here though.   The
system even figured out my monitor had a power saver function and turned
it down automatically.  Wild!

-- Bradley Miller