Playing m3u from Mozilla

Jim Herrmann JimH at ItDepends.com
Sat Jun 22 16:38:35 CDT 2002

I'm trying to setup mozilla 1.0 to play mp3 lists, which have a file type of
m3u.  I have a helper application setup for the m3u file type, mime type of
audio/x-mpegurl, launching application usr/bin/xmms.  When I click on a link
for a play list, like at http://mp3.com/fastjohnny then click on "Play all
tracks now! - hi-fi play"  it opens the URL, which ends in m3u, in the
browser window, instead of launching xmms.  Anybody have any idea what I'm
doing wrong?  This works fine from Konqueror.  I'm on Mandrake 8.1.

While your figuring this out, go ahead and listen to Johnny.  He's a local
blues artist that's been around KC for 25 years.  I put up his mp3.com site,
where he gets about a half a cent each time someone plays one of his songs
each day.  Thus one can play each of his songs each day, and generate some
revenue for the poor musician, plus it helps him in the mp3.com charts, which
generates more plays.

Thanks,
Jim Herrmann