Made the plunge . . . lots of issues though.

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Fri Jun 21 14:22:56 CDT 2002

Last night I broke down and bought a 60gig drive and for the fun of it I
decided to install Mandrake (7.2 is all I had ISO for) on the drive.  I
loaded everything up and got it running.  My first problem was the sound --
it's very distorted/loud/etc...   I can playback CD's fine, but that's not
really being "processed" by the sound card . . . so I must have something
amiss there.  The other glaring thing was it only showed my /home directory
at 30 gig.  Where's the rest?

Oh, and another small thing . . . HOW DO YOU FREAKIN' COPY TEXT???  I
pulled my hair out wanting to do simple copy/paste operations between a few
programs that I was playing with.  I wanted to copy text from KDE-Mail and
insert it into KDE Office and the best I could do was copy the address??

I also tried to install VMWare 3.1 on a trial serial number.  It installed
just fine but then I couldn't get the CD to unmount so I could stick in my
Win NT CD.  I even tried to unmount from shell and it would just give me a
device busy message.   Ugh.   And Wal-Mart is unleashing this . . . . I
predict a stock plunge if Lindows isn't as friendly as MS stuff.

-- Bradley Miller