NFS problems

I am Spartacus spartacus at home.aafp.org
Thu Jun 20 14:09:38 CDT 2002

I hope someone can help me with this.  I have a network of mostly Unix
(Solaris) and a couple of Linux servers (Redhat 7.2).  One of the Unix
servers runs our logfile analysis software and analyzes the logs on all
of the other servers.  It accesses the other server logs via NFS mount
points.  The Unix-to-Unix NFS stuff works fine, but I can't seem to
mount a Linux NFS export on my Unix server.  The NFS-related commands
are somewhat different between the two platforms and I am much more
familiar with the Solaris side of things.  Can someone help me out here?
 How do I verify that I have the necessary daemons running on the Linux
box?   How can I see what is currently being shared via NFS on the Linux
box?  I know how to mount the shares on the Unix box, but right now the
Unix box can't see that anything is being shared from Linux.  I know I
am missing something.  Help?

Shannon Merritt