Waay OT: Soccer things that make me go hmmmmm

Marvin GodfatherofSoul Bellamy mbellamy at kc.rr.com
Tue Jun 18 18:08:45 CDT 2002

I'm not a fan, but I've watched a few games.  My immediate impression is
these games are RIGGED!  The refs just have it in for some teams.  Italy
(went to HS there) has had 4 goals overturned, 3 were BS calls.  The US
beat Mexico, but there was an obvious hand call in the goalie box that
would have turned the tide of the game.  Glad Mexico lost though, they
were a dirty, bullish team.  I'm soccer stupid, but I wonder if anyone
else had the same impression.  The Italy loss just makes me sick with
its unfairness.