Wal-Mart shipping PCs with Lindows preinstalled

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Jun 18 13:16:16 CDT 2002

Sorry. I guess I got a little assumptive.

> Maybe Lindows is different.  I haven't used it yet.  But I
> still maintain
> that, for the average brain dead user, Linux is not a good
> choice for a
> desktop operating system.
True, but then any OS is not a good choice for your average braindead
user.
[ some people should not be allowed to have computers, for the sanity of
others ;')]
Windoze may do some things up front to give the average braindead user a
feel
good feeling. But any current desktop and general use geared distro does
that.
True there may still be some kinks. But buying a preconfigured Linux PC
should
be sufficient for any braindead user. You have to remember, most of the
people on
this list are basically building their own from preexisting hardware.
The Wal-Mart
PCs are being mass produced like Compaqs or Dells preconfigured and
compatibility
proven. I'd like to see your average braindead user install Windoze on a
pre-existing
machine. The only thing that makes it easier to install is they have
more drivers.

Brian