Wal-Mart shipping PCs with Lindows preinstalled

atechsol.net crash3m at atechsol.net
Tue Jun 18 01:59:36 CDT 2002

Hang out in my chat room, you'll see it daily.  The wonders of mandrake is it seems to attract the
most clueless newbies.
Clueless to linux, clueless to maners, clueless to pretty much everything.  I've seen some give up,
I've seen some excel.
I've seen some crash bang hack and reboot their way into a machine more broken than I've ever
produced in _any_ OS.
(They dont call me crash for nothing.)  When a user joins my room and asks 'how do I start windows'
after a few minutes of teasing them we inform them to call it atleast X windows if not XFree86 and
kindly tell them to 'startx/Xtart/X' whatever the choice of said person may be.  With proper
support and not-so-broken releases linux can go a really long way.