Cable or DSL?

Seth Dimbert s.dimbert at fhmr.com
Mon Jun 17 16:30:53 CDT 2002

 |Bradley Miller wrote:
 |
 |The part that bugs me is the self install kit has filter(s) that you have
 |to add to every phone.  When they did mine (free back then through my DSL
 |provider) the SWBC guy installed a filter at the dmarc (sic?) and that was
 |that.  Anyone know why you couldn't just install filter on customer side
of
 |box going into house?

I have a filter installed at my dmarc and a "home run" line that runs from
the dmarc (pre-filter) up to my home office where the DSL Modem sits. This
is not the way things were initially wired, but SBC did it for me after they
had a lot of trouble getting me into sync. It seems that I'm at the very
edge of range from the CO and this was a good solution for me.

They did it at no charge because I pay the $3/month for Inline Service,
which is really an insurance payment. In my case, it paid off.

-SD