looking for a linux flag

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.net
Mon Jun 10 14:28:04 CDT 2002

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 mbsmith at dstsystems.com wrote:

> I have one from an AS/400 guy in the office here who got it from an IBM
> shindig he went to.  It's from their "Peace, Love, Linux" campaign, black
> with small peace sign and heart and a larger Tux upper torso and head in
> the middle.  It's nice because it doesn't have corporate logos all over it
>  You may want to call an IBM rep and see if they have some.

Also, if you live in Kansas, I believe the DMV only gives you one license
plate for your car unlike Missouri.  That means you need one of those
fancy front license plate logos to compete with all the other motorheads.
Well, Compaq gives away A TON of plates modeled after New Hampshire's
license plate with the logo "LINUX live free or die"  The Open Group has
commissioned a bunch of these plates with UNIX.

So where do you get these gems?  The opengroup's UNIX offering is just $12
US Dollars (what a steal!)

http://www.opengroup.org/pubs/catalog/n900.htm

Now, if you want the Linux plate, the Compaq booths at any Linux
convention are famous for giving them away.  They don't appear to be sold
as I haven't seen anyone have any luck finding a vendor.  I have one of
these coveted Linux plates, but since I live in Missouri...you can't steal
it off my car.

:<

--
http://attaway.net