What's wrong with the market?

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Fri Jun 7 21:47:43 CDT 2002

> Yes it has. Ever been to NY? No, I didn't think so. I was back there
> last month. People are a lot  different there now. There may be little
> change here in KC, but that is definitely not true in NY. Sorry if this
> offends anyone but, I lost family on 9/11 and I have a low flashpoint
> because of it.

My roommate just moved back here from NY and said that while their was
some grief/anger over 9/11 that it isn't as big a deal as the news media
and government blow it up to be. People in her building watched the towers
fall from their rooftop and described it as 'cool'. The biggest complaint
heard was about transportation, phone, and utility services being
disrupted.

Lots of people lost friends and family but that happens all the time. It
sucks, it always sucks, but it happens and life goes on. All the bullshit
the government and media is going on about is stupid. I really hate all
the new laws and shit they are passing and it makes me suspect the
government blew up the WTC just to make a power play. The 'new' airport
security is a pain and IMO useless. Passanger awareness seems to have
helped in more cases then all their new security. Now the people who
really make me sick are the companies and politicians using 9/11 to
benefit themselves. That disgusts me. Human life lost just so they can
make a few extra bucks.