Football

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Thu Jun 6 20:27:49 CDT 2002

> <blatant topic redirection>
>
> Hey, anybody (besides me) following the world cup matches?
>
> </topic>

You Bet!!!  I caught the first 0-0 Draw of the tourney this morning,
(France/Uraguay), and have been watching at least one game a day (love my
Re-Play PVR).  I still can't get over France loosing to Senegal, and was
rooting against them this morning, but despite several chances (and an extra
man most of the game due to a France red-card), Uuaguay just couldn't quite
get a goal.

Also, I just got back from London, and I'm posting the results on my
poster-sized pull-out score-sheet from the Daily Express taped to my office
door...about the only thing I liked more about London than the US was the
football coverage, but those wacky brits more than made up for their
football lead with abysmal hockey coverage and the complete lack of anything
approaching a real weather forcast.  I didn't see a single satellite or
doplar radar image the whole time I was in England...maybe because they've
only got 5 TV channels for the whole country...

Anyway, back in group D, I'm hoping for the US and South Korea to advance,
but you've got to figure Portugal is going to be playing a bit better, and
I'm not sure if the US team is really that good, or if they just got lucky
in their first win...

Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net