world cup

J. Eric Gilliland patzeric at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 20:14:42 CDT 2002

I m not following them closely, but I think it is very cool
that we beat Portugal.  Let's hope we beat South Korea as
well.

Eric Gilliland

--- zscoundrel <zscoundrel at kc.rr.com> wrote:
> <blatant topic redirection>
>
> Hey, anybody (besides me) following the world cup
> matches?
>

> </topic>
>
> Dustin Decker wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, DCT Jared Smith wrote:
> >

> >>"However there is also a widely-recognized codicil that
> any
> >>intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to
> invoke its
> >>thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful."
> >>
> >>-Jared
> >>

> > From: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/legends/godwin/
> >
> > 6.  "Hitler!"  Ha!  The thread is over!
> >
> > 	Nope, doesn't work that way.  Not only is it wrong to
> say that a
> > thread is over when Godwin's Law is invoked anyway
> (Usenet threads
> > virtually always outlive their usefulness), but long
> ago a corollary to
> > the Law was proposed and accepted by Taki "Quirk"
> Kogama
> > (quirk at swcp.com):
> >
> >  	Quirk's Exception: Intentional invocation of this
> so-called
> > 		     "Nazi Clause" is ineffectual.
> >
> > 	Sorry, folks.  Nice try, though.
> >

> > /me wanders off to do something completely worthless
> with his time...
> > Dustin
> >

> majordomo at kclug.org
> Enter without the quotes in body of message "unsubscribe
kclug"

=====
J. Eric Gilliland
patzeric at yahoo.com
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
                                  Henry V Act 4 Scene 3