gd library

Chris Wyckoff chriswyckoff at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 6 12:39:27 CDT 2002

Hi all,

I'm a PHP developer and am working on a project that requires dynamically created bar graphs.  The
sysadmin for the web hosting company my client is using (media3.com) installed the gd library on
our web server, but when I try to run a test script that will produce a simply PNG image I receive
an error message which claims that the gd does not support PNG files.  The sysadmin doesn't seem to
know what to do.

Can anyone offer some advice.  I think I remember learning that zlib and libpng also have to be
compiled with the gd.

Thanks,  Chris Wyckoff