Another hole in IE

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at opus1.com
Thu Jun 6 01:53:09 CDT 2002

Not only can I, but so can Microsoft.  You can get a binary called
"toggleimages.exe" that will toggle the "load graphics" feature on and off
with a mouseclick.  I put it in my Links folder and it appears on the
toolbar.  It's one of their "unsupported Power Toys".

Thing is, so many of the sites that I visit use mapped images for their
primary navigation that it renders them useless.  Lynx handles them better
than IE without images, but there's usually a page-and-a-half of nav and
image links before you see any text. (Mandrake, for instance, who should
know better.)

Nice to know you can turn off popups though...  This is the "free" version
with the banner adds?