migration from mainframe to web

Jim Herrmann JimH at ItDepends.com
Tue Jun 4 02:45:49 CDT 2002

According to Gartner Group. If you have more than about 50 users, you're
already on the cheapest TCO platforms.  Especially if you already have the
infrastructure in place.  I suggest either Websphere for 390, or a zLinux
partition under VM, then run apache, et al.  "Need for the web accessability"
no longer rules out mainframes.  It's the most secure and reliable box you
can use.