migration from mainframe to web

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Tue Jun 4 00:38:11 CDT 2002

Linux as a web server or proxy server shouldn't be anything out of the
usual. What part were you trying to get ideas for? For a web server I
usually use Apache w/ PHP and I use MySQL for light db stuff (as most
websites use) and maybe a heavier backend database for enterprise stuff.
Squid works fine for caching static web data so that the web servers load
is reduced and go be used mostly fordynmic stuff. You'll of course want to
be careful about security as always and tighten down those screws before
plugging the boxex into the Internet.

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it.

Michael McGlothlin <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>
http://mlug.missouri.edu/~mogmios/projects/