blowing off microsoft stink

Jeremy Fowler jfowler at westrope.com
Mon Jun 3 20:33:02 CDT 2002

> > Hmmm, I highly doubt that. First, you can't put an nVidia graphics card in a
> > 386, there is no AGP or PCI slots available (and a 386 doesn't have
> enough juice
> > to push it). Second, the X-box has an Intel 733Mhz PIII in them,
> this will run
> > circles around that 386 and you WILL notice the difference.
>
> What the hell are you talking about?  X has been in existence since the
> 1980s

I'm sorry, I guess there was a miscommunication. I was responding to your
statement "I want to launch an advertising campaign about how *BSD can turn any
old 386 into an X box.", which I thought you meant Microsoft's game console
'XBox' and not any generic Unix/Linux PC with X11 or XFree86 ie. an X box.
Anyway, if you do decide to launch such a campaign, it would probably be a good
idea to forgo using the phrase X box when referring to Microsoft to avoid
further confusion.