Power "glitch"

Rusty kujayhawkbb at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 20:08:14 CST 2002

I'm running a RedHat 7.2 system that's being used as a desktop
"practice" system. It is set to boot to a GUI logon, and I have
it setup for KDE. There was a power "glitch" that caused it to
reboot. (no servers were injured in the process...)
Anyway, after doing a file system check, it came up to a text
login. I logged in, and tried to do a startx...the system just
hangs. I ran Xconfigurator, and it worked fine...tried a startx
again, and nothing happens. A controlled reboot left me in the
same state - text login, no ability to startx.  Anyone with a
clue as to what might have gotten fried and if its in the OS,
how to repair it?

TIA