Gentoo linux

Chris Midkiff chris at datacaptech.com
Thu Jan 31 00:18:16 CST 2002

Cool...

After 1 badly messed up install, the darn thing works.  This ports system that they use looks
great, and works like a dream

One tip for those not totally up on fstab, the entry (for Gentoo, at least) for the /proc
filesystem is:
none    /proc    proc    defaults    0 0

The gentoo docs have it as
proc    /proc    proc    defaults    0 0

Once I changed this line, /proc, and the rest of the system, came up fine.  I probably should have
know this, but I was just following directions.

WOOHOO - Now for a 'quick' XF86 install...

Thanks for the help (Brian Densmore and others....)

Chris Midkiff