gentoo linux

MBSmith at dstsystems.com MBSmith at dstsystems.com
Tue Jan 29 21:49:26 CST 2002

I don't know a lot about it, but I'm one night ahead of you.  I started an
install last night, and it's an interesting process to say the least.

You'll need broadband, as after getting up and running from the boot CD,
everything is pulled over the network and compiled fresh to suit your
architecture.  I'm ready to go home now for part two tonight, and build
the kernel and hopefully get a system up and running, but it shouldn't be
too much trouble, as the documentation so far has been very clear and
straight forward.

Basically, it's time consuming, but I hopefully it will be a fast,
bloat-free installation I end up with, so it will be worth it. This review
has inspired me:
http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/01/15/1939255&mode=thread

Cheers
Mark Smith