New distro

Charles K. Lee II chuckx at cold-sun.com
Mon Jan 28 21:22:06 CST 2002

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 12:43:36PM +0000, jim at weathercom.com wrote:
> I'm running Gentoo and love it.

I too am using Gentoo on my desktop.  The package management system awed me
the same way Debian's did when switching to it from Redhat.  It's similar to
FreeBSD's ports system, which I had never used before.  It's definitely a
work in progress, but isn't everything in the open source world? :) Also,
don't expect a fancy installer, but the documentation on the site take you
through everything you need to know.

It is definitely the fastest, most responsive Linux desktop system I've
used.  I haven't touched my Win2K partition in weeks because Gentooo
basically provides the desktop OS I've been looking for.  Open, fast,
and stable (all my various Linux setups have been open and stable, but until
I tried Gentoo, X always seemed a bit sluggish compared to Win2K's GUI).

http://chuckx.homeip.net/content/mscreen2.jpg

http://www.gentoo.org

--
- chuckx | Charles K. Lee II -