Legality: Was Comcast/etc....

JD Runyan Jason.Runyan at NITCKC.USDA.Gov
Fri Jan 25 20:21:40 CST 2002

On Fri, Jan ,  at 01:22:06PM -0600, Marvin Bellamy wrote:
> I think that there's a case here.  Comcast provides a service to a
> point, your modem.  After that, it's yours to use.  If I split my phone
> line (not a separate jack), and and run a line to my kitchen, SWB can't
> charge me.  The service is the same.  The difference being SWB service
> is based on a static account; Comcast is bandwidth.  If I have problems
> with my ISP, I WILL take this court.  It's just like SWB/DSL capping
> mail server and newsgroup bandwidth and reselling that bandwidth to
> other customers.
>
> Bradley Miller wrote:

Comcast is providing you access to thier network, just like bell.  Nothing
more.  They do not guarantee any amount of bandwidth, just like Bell does not
guarantee that your call an be routed.  If you have ever gotten the "All circuits
are busy, please try your call later" message, then you know this.