From Slashdot: Comcast goes after NAT users

mrkshrt at transparentsolutions.com mrkshrt at transparentsolutions.com
Fri Jan 25 17:18:30 CST 2002

I would say it is more analogous to having multiple phones sharing one line
(and I know it is way more sophisticated than that).

They shouldn't really care what you do unless you have a server behind the
NAT and are generating lots of upload traffic.

And while they could sniff the packets to determine if you may have multiple
machines, that sounds like more trouble than it is worth to them.

Finally, no one is forcing you to buy broadband access, when you do, you are
explicitly accepting the terms they lay down.
If you don't like the terms of the agreement, don't buy the service.
Just because you can do something like NAT doesn't mean that it is your
constitutional right or anything.

That said, can we kill this thread unless it has something more specific to
do with Linux?

Mark