From Slashdot: Comcast goes after NAT users

Duane Attaway dattaway at attaway.org
Fri Jan 25 05:40:16 CST 2002

I have a question.  How can they technically do this?  Could this be scare
tactics or can they really "see" other computers behind a firewall?  Is
there clues in the headers that give it away?  Would they have to sniff
port 80 and see the odd things like different browser versions at the same
time (Linux Mozilla AND MSIE at the same time?)  Maybe I haven't paid much
attention to tcpdump, but I haven't seen any clues that any of those
packets from my cablemodem are going to make a few additional hops.