Autorun and cd burning

JD Runyan Jason.Runyan at NITCKC.USDA.Gov
Thu Jan 24 15:31:00 CST 2002

Those are usually done with VB.  They are an embedded web page on the most
recent ones.  You would need to embed a browsing enginge, and a web page that
points to your files to do that.  You could do something in perl/tk for windows
to achieve the same thing.

On Wed, Jan ,  at 08:56:29PM -0800, Patrick Thurmond wrote:

>            Hey everybody. Listen I am burning a CD to distribute for an event I am hosting and I
know how to create an autorun file for windows autoruns (I know Windows, boo boo. I would go the
linux angle except everyone I am producing the disk for runs windows).

>            But I want to make an executable that will point them to several programs on the cd so
they can either install the programs, read a readme file, or see a playlist of music. I want it to
be a kind of menu the pops-up when the cd is inserted. Like when you insert an M$ Office cd and it
gives you some options on what to install or actually more like when installing a logitech product
an the screen is just a bunch of links to either read a text file or run an install program.

>            Does anyone know how to make one, or even what a program to help produce this would be
called? I have seen dinky custom ones before and it doesn't have to be awesome, just to be a
utility to make the CDs features obvious to stupid users.

--
JD Runyan
		"You can't milk a point."