Autorun and cd burning

Patrick Thurmond p_thurmond at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 04:54:01 CST 2002

Hey everybody. Listen I am burning a CD to distribute for an event I am hosting and I know how to
create an autorun file for windows autoruns (I know Windows, boo boo. I would go the linux angle
except everyone I am producing the disk for runs windows).

But I want to make an executable that will point them to several programs on the cd so they can
either install the programs, read a readme file, or see a playlist of music. I want it to be a kind
of menu the pops-up when the cd is inserted. Like when you insert an M$ Office cd and it gives you
some options on what to install or actually more like when installing a logitech product an the
screen is just a bunch of links to either read a text file or run an install program.

Does anyone know how to make one, or even what a program to help produce this would be called? I
have seen dinky custom ones before and it doesn't have to be awesome, just to be a utility to make
the CDs features obvious to stupid users.

Well Thanks,

Patrick