The Things from The Basement

Jim Herrmann Jim at ItDepends.com
Mon Jan 21 04:49:46 CST 2002

This was exactly the point of my discourse.  This group, like linux, lends
itself to anarchy like, no central control structure, no tax man involvement,
no cost, etc.  OTOH, if you want to do something big, like get a conference
here, you need money.  The money must come from somewhere, and there is
nothing really in place for raising, tracking, and spending money for this
group.  I suppose if we got a project going, like a conference, we would take
up a collection like we have in the past.

Anyway, I like the group the way it is, and have no desire to change anything.

Peace, love, and linux,
Jim Herrmann