Linux 7.1 and DSL setup

Kimberly C. Lanners kim at sme-net.com
Sun Jan 20 03:27:46 CST 2002

Hello,

Please forgive me if this has been addressed in the most recent history. I
searched through past posts but did not see any reference to my question.

I just did a fresh install of RH Linux 7.1. We have DSL for connectivity and
use a Linksys router to share the connection to 7 workstations (using DHCP).

I'd like to set the Linux machine up under DMX within the router, but first
I need to modify the IP I entered into Linux during install.

Can someone please give me some pointers , please? I am novice and need
assistance with knowing what file to modify so as to change the IP address,
as well as the commands to facilitate the change of IP address. (Yes, I'm
VERY novice. I've been at this for a while today and I am just not seeing
the light).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!