D-link DI704 & Comcast Cable or SBC DSL?

crash3m at yahoo.com crash3m at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 03:09:43 CST 2002

I'm on comcast at home, soon to be comcast.net  right now they use dhcp with
hostname authentication, to connect I'd have to do 'dhcpcd -h cj484514-a
eth0'  as for your router I don't know if it supports hostname authentication
via dhcp, I'll leave it up to you to figure that one out.  With a windows
machine I guess it's service does start when the computer does, but with
linux you start it when you want (during boot if you so choose)

my 1/2 cent on the subject hopefully with the combined knowledge of everyone
you'll get 2 cents worth

Matt