Computers-To-Go

DCT Jared Smith jared at dctkc.com
Fri Jan 11 14:43:48 CST 2002

>Try getting the new machine from Computers-To-Go.  They are located at
>Westport Road and Broadway.  He always has some generic clones at rock
>bottom prices.  He sold me the machine I am using now WITHOUT an
>operating system because I didn't want any M$ products on my Linux
>desktop.  This even reduced the cost of the machine further because,
>without 'doze98 and the office package, the machine is not subject to
>the M$ tax.

If Scott Petrak is still working there, I'll have to chime in and say
Computers-To-Go is one of the stalwarts of the local independent
computer retailers; we were buying computers from them back
in the early 90s, and were always treated better than we deserved;
we thrashed our computers at the newspaper where I worked, and
pushed 'em to their limits (playing Tradewars and running an underground
BBS in the off hours, using university resources for both), and
Computers-To-Go always were amiable in helping us resolve problems.
Haven't purchased a computer retail for a long time, or else I'd be their
customer still...

They're right next door to the Corner Restaurant, there in Westport.

-Jared