File Management

Robert Kennedy erwin_k_r at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 19:34:04 CST 2002

Hi All,

Either I've missed something, or the GUI file managers
for both Gnome and KDE do not allow the renaming of
files.

I tend to have a lot of graphic files. For various
reasons some of them do not have a 'dot'3 file
extension. I would like to add extensions without
resorting to the command line. The file management
programs show me the tagless files, but nowhere can I
locate a 'rename' function.

I know that I could force them open with Gimp or other
graphics programs, then use the 'save as' function.
However, the files are mostly JPEG's and I would lose
some quality that way.

I can do this with Windblows Explorer, why not in Red
Hat 7.0?

		Best,
                      Bob Kennedy