Samba replacement

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Thu Feb 28 18:25:01 CST 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Chris Midkiff wrote:

> Problem is, Windows creates a new user profile for this 'New' logon.
> Same user name, same domain name, different domain server.  I'd have
> to spend all night here copying settings to the new user profile,
> re-setting up email accounts, etc. Does anyone know of a way to
> avoid this?  The less impact this change has on the end users, the
> better.

The problem here is that the profile on each local workstation is
preceeded by a portion of the SID which identifies the _old_ domain,
followed by information relevant to the user.  If you read up on how to
manipulate SID information in the NT environment you may be able to
script something that repopulates the network portion of those SIDs with
the newer information.

Dustin

--
"Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to
be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition."