Linux in Schools

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Thu Feb 28 12:41:29 CST 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Jim Herrmann wrote:

> Try Wyandotte county/KCK/Unified shool district.  I'm betting they would be
> more inclined to listen to the cost angle.

Mind you, this was well over four years ago in a former life working for
a local VAR that can remain nameless...  We were contracted to provide
Novell support for the North Kansas City School District.

IIRC, Linux was present in the form of a host named "cherry" which was
the main web proxy for the entire district.

Dustin

--
"Youth -- not a time of life but a state of mind... a predominance of
courage over timidity, of the appetite for adventure over the love of